Sculptra is an injectable dermal filler that has been around since 1999. It was first approved by the FDA in 2004 to treat lipoatrophy in people living with HIV. Lipoatrophy causes facial fat loss that results in sunken cheeks and deep folds and indentations on the face. Sculptra has also become a popular choice for those looking to bulk up their appearance. It’s being used to create definition and the look of extra muscle mass on glutes, thighs, biceps, triceps and pectorals.
In 2014, the FDA approved Sculptra Aesthetic for treating wrinkles and folds on the face to give a more youthful appearance. The main ingredient in Sculptra is poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA). It’s classified as a collagen stimulator that provides long-lasting, natural-looking results that can last up to two years.
In 2010, the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services made the decision to cover the cost of Sculptra for people living with HIV who have facial lipodystrophy syndrome (of which lipoatrophy is one type) and experience depression.
Come see our team of medical professionals for a consultation today at Santé MD.
– Facial Wrinkles and Folds
– Smile Lines
– Chin Wrinkles
– Nonsurgical butt lift or buttock augmentation
– Correction of cellulite
– Correction of chest, elbow, and knee wrinkles
– Safe, effective and approved by the FDA.
– You can return to your normal activities immediately after treatment.
– There is no special preparation required.
– Results can last up to two years.